I am a Professor in the Department of Astromony at Universidade de Sao Paulo. My research group studies gas dynamics and high energy phenomena in a wide variety of astrophysical systems: from the Sun to clusters of galaxies, mainly employing numerical magneto-hydrodynamics (MHD) methods. For this aim we use sophisticated numerical algorithms to carry out multi-dimensional simulations of astrophysical sources and diffuse media in high performance computing.
Estou entre as 3 finalistas da 22ª Edição do Prêmio Cláudia de Realização e Superação de mulheres brasileiras 2017, na categoria MULHERES NA CIÊNCIA!!
Se quiserem contribuir com seu voto cliquem neste link (leva apenas um clique). A votação se encerra no dia 30/09/2017.
I am among the 3 finalists of the 22nd Edition of the Cláudia Award for Realization and Surpassing Brazilian Women 2017, in the category WOMEN IN SCIENCE!
If you want to contribute with your vote, click on this link (it only takes one click). The vote closes at 09/30/2017.
- Astrophysical jets
- Accretion disks around stars and black holes including microquasars, active galactic nuclei (AGNs), gamma-ray bursts (GRBs), young stellar objects (YSOs)
- Acceleration and propagation of cosmic rays
- Galactic and stellar winds and their gas/energy/magnetic field feedback into the cosmic environment
- Role of turbulence and magnetic fields on Star Formation
- Solar and stellar dynamos
- Turbulent intra-cluster medium of galaxies and the origin of cosmic magnetic fields
- Gamma Ray Astrophysics
Video about the SPSAS-HighAstro CTA - Sao Paulo Advanced Science School on High Energy and Plasma Astrophysics at the CTA Era (http://www.astro.iag.usp.br/~highenastro/)